We have already seen the prophecies about the coming of the Messiah in all books of the Hebrew Bible. Thus, as Son of YHWH and Son of man, He was dead on the Cross for our sins, but He is risen from the death at the third day. He ascended to Heaven and He is seated at the right hand of the Lord YHWH.
Moreover, the Lord Jesus Christ is the one who has the largest number of names and titles in the history of the world. He is different from all the world leaders. He is different from all religious leaders. He is different from the greatest thinkers in the history of mankind. He lived in a simple condition of live, but He is the one who has the largest number of followers for centuries.
As Son of YHWH, the Messiah, the Savior, and the Redeemer, he has preached the Good News to the poor, he has saved many people and he has done miracles : He cure lepers and sicks, he give sight to the blind, he unplug the ear of the deafs, he make the lame to walk, he bless many people, he resurrect deads, in the name of His Father the Lord YHWH the Creator of the Universe, since more than two thousand years until the present times and in the future.
Thus, we shall see the nature and some ones of the names and the titles of the Lord Jesus-Christ in the New Covenant of the New Testament:
I. ABOUT HIS DIVINE NATURE:
- He is "The WORD": "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with YHWH, and the Word was YHWH. He was in the beginning with YHWH. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men" (St. John 1:1-4)... "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth". (St. John 1:14). He is the "Word of YHWH" (Revelation 19:13).
- He is "Immanuel, which means, YHWH with us'" (St. Matthew 1:23), the "Wisdom of YHWH (1 Corinthians 1:24), "The Power of YHWH (1 Corinthians 1:24), the "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty YHWH, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).
- He is "the Author of life", the Archegos, the Source, the Founder, the Initiator, the Pioneer, the Leader, the Beginning, the Guide, the Hero, the Leader-ruler, the Captain, the Prince of life (Acts 5:31), the Origin of biological life (Acts 3:15 and Hebrews 2:10; 12:2), "the Author of salvation" (Acts 2:10), and "the Author and Perfecter of our faith" (Acts 12:2).
- "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves." (St. John 14:11).
- He is "The Son of YHWH" (St. Matthew 4:3), "The Holy One of YHWH" (St. Mark 1:24), "The Alpha and the Omega" (Revelation 21:6). He is the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End (Revelation 22:13).
II. ABOUT HIS HUMAN NATURE:
- He is "The Son of Man" (Mark 14:61-62).
- He is "The First-born of all creation" (Colossians 1:15).
- He is "The faithful witness, the First-born of the dead" (Revelation 5:5).
III. The Lord YAHSHUAH HA MASHIAH or Jesus-Christ, in following the message of the Lord YHWH, "I AM WHO I AM" in the Book of Exodus 3:15, and in all the Hebrew Bible, has revealed who He is:
- "I AM the WAY, and the TRUTH, and the LIFE; no one comes to the Father but through Me." (St. John 14:6).
- "I AM the BREAD OF LIFE; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst." (St. John 6:35).
- "I AM the LIGHT OF THE WORLD; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." (St. John 8:12).
- "I AM the DOOR OF the SHEEP. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them." (St. John 10:7-8).
- "I AM the DOOR; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.". (St. John 10:9-10).
- "I AM the GOOD SHEPERD; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep." (St. John 10:11).
- "I AM the VINE, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." (St. John 15:5).
- "I AM the RESURRECTION and the LIFE; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies." (St. John 11:25).
IV. HIS IS THE MESSIAH:
- He is "The MESSIAH" (John 1:41; 4:25), " the CHRIST ", "the ANOINTED ONE" (St. Matthew 16:16), "The LEADER and SAVIOR" (Acts 5:31), "The REDEEMER" (Isaiah 49:26), "The MEDIATOR of a NEW COVENANT" (Hebrews 9:15), "The DELIVERER" (Romans 11:26), "The SOURCE OF ETERNAL SALVATION for all who obey him" (Heb. 5:9).
V. HIS OFFICE OF PROPHET:
The Prophet preaches the Word of the Lord YHWH the Creator of the Universe to the people. Thus, the Lord Yahshuah Ha Mashiah preached personally the Word of YHWH to the people, during His life on earth, validating His word with miracles, especially His own resurrection:
- "The Lord your YHWH will raise up for you a PROPHET like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to Him." (Deuteronomy 18:15).
- "This is My Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased. Listen to him!" (St. Matthew 17:5).
- "Let us go somewhere else - to the nearby villages - so I can preach there also. That is why I have come." (St. Mark 1:38).
- "The law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen YHWH, but YHWH the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made Him known." (St. John 1:17-18).
- Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the Words of the Eternal life." (St. John 6:68).
VI. HIS OFFICE OF HIGH PRIEST IN THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK:
The High Priest offers different offerings and sacrifices from the people to the Lord YHWH the Creator of the Universe. He brings also the requests of the people to the Lord YHWH. Thus, there are some biblical verses which shows us His Office of High Priest:
- He is "The GREAT HIGH PRIEST": "Therefore, since we have a GREAT HIGH PRIEST who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of YHWH, let us hold fast our confession." (Hebrews 4:14).
- He is "the HIGH PRIEST" in the ORDER of MELCHIZEDEK: "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil, where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a HIGH PRIEST forever according to the order of Melchizedek." (Hebrews 6:20).
- He is "The LAMB of YHWH": "Behold, the LAMB of YHWH who takes away the sin of the world." (St. John 1:36).
- He is "The ADVOCATE or the DEFENSER": "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an ADVOCATE with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;" (1 John 2:1).
VII. HIS OFFICE OF KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS:
The Lord Jesus-Christ has already pre-existed before the creation of the Universe. And the Lord YHWH the Creator of the Universe has given all power in heaven and on earth to the Lord Yahshuah Ha Mashiah. Thus, He reigns not only on the earth but in all the Universe. His royalty, His authority and His power has no limit in space and in time.
- He is the "The OFFSPRING OF DAVID" (Rev. 22:16), " The LION of the TRIBE of JUDAH, The ROOT of DAVID" (Revelation 5:5).
- He is "The LORD" (Romans 10:9),"The LORD OF All" (Acts 10:36),"The LORD OF GLORY" (1 Corinthians 2:8)
- He is "The KING OF ISRAEL" (John 1:49), "The KING OF THE JEWS" (Mt. 27:11), "The KING ETERNAL" (1 Tim. 1:17), "The KING OF AGES" (Revelation 15:3).
- He has said: ""ALL AUTHORITY HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH." (St. Matthew 28:18).
- He is "The RULER of KINGS on EARTH" (Revelation 1:5)
- He is "The KING of KINGS and LORD of LORDS" (Revelation 19:16).
GLORY to the LORD YHWH the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE !